Technical Director, Dance
Position Number: 900884
Department or Office: Dance Department
Level: Level C (Specialist)
Reports To Position #: 000638
Date Prepared: 09-20-2012
Middlebury College, Middlebury, Vermont 05753
Student Employment Information
Work Study: No
Assist supervisor with a variety of planning and production responsibilities:
o Scheduling of technical student staff for dance program events.
o Serve as trainer and mentor for student production assistants.
o Act as “second” certified Crowd Manager when present at an event
o Assist with maintenance of lighting, sound, video and other equipment.
o Assist supervisor with ordering and inventory management.
Serve as TD or assistant TD for specific dance program events. Includes:
o Coordination with event planners, and supervision of other student technicians.
o Set up sound system, AV, and/or light board for dance program events in several campus venues, mostly the Mahaney Center Dance theatre, but also outdoors, Bicentennial Hall, Chateau, Mead Chapel, or McCullough.
o Operate lighting, sound, AV and assistive equipment during events.
o Break down equipment and store securely after the event.
o Assist with event preparation –set-up, break-down – as necessary.
o Refocus lights for special events when necessary.
o Responsible for the proper handling of light board, sound board, spotlights instruments, and other equipment.
Advise supervisor of problems, concerns, damage.
• Experience with lighting, sound and AV equipment, and support for live performances required.
• Demonstrated supervisory or leadership ability.
• Ability to work independently and take initiative.
• Ability to lift and move/carry 50lbs.
• Be a student in good standing at the College.
• Completed at least one academic year at Middlebury College
• Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds, and communicate clearly.
• Ability to complete Crowd Management training.
• Ability to obtain college vehicle license