Crossroads Cafe Manager
Position Number: 900065
Level: Level C (Specialist)
Date Prepared: 02-08-2011
Student Employment Information
Work Study: Yes
- Creates schedule for prep cooks and when food will be prepped.
- Determines what quantities of food items should be prepped. This requires careful analysis of food waste and previous sales data and experience.
- Communicates with prep cooks, inventory manager and serving managers to scale down production of food prior to breaks to minimize food waste.
- Regularly communicates with prep cooks to ensure that food is being made properly and at the correct quantity.
- Periodically assesses menu and makes any necessary changes based on demand. If any changes should be made, discussion and agreement with the Crossroads Culinary Advisor is needed.
- Oversees production of all menu food items and ensures consistency of food prepped and served. This requires periodically checking both prep and serving.
- Enforces food handling and sanitation standards.
- Interviews and hires prep cooks, along with the Crossroads Culinary Advisor.
- Maintains a clean prep environment and enforces proper cleaning of prep space.
- Acts as a liaison between managers and ensures proper communication between all managers. Sets up weekly manager meetings and records all things discussed during meetings.
- Meets regularly with general manager of retail food operations, as well as AM and PM managers of retail food operations, to discuss operations and finances of Crossroads.
- Experience with excel and small businesses.
- Leadership skills are recommended.
- Experience with restaurant operations is a plus.
Large time commitment; must be available (not necessarily physically) at most times during the day for emergencies and problems, or be able to quickly respond and address issues.