Multimedia Lab Specialist
Position Number: 900689
Department or Office: Library & Information Services
Level: Level C (Specialist)
- Train students in the Multimedia Lab Tutor position in a media type or practice. Some examples include GIS, 3D and virtual worlds, video, audio and social software.
- Staff the Wilson Multimedia Center during afternoons, nights and weekends
- Project Manager for the development of multimedia curricular and campus community materials pertaining to their specialty.
- Organize and lead intermediate to advanced workshops in the use of multimedia applications.
- Provide on-site expertise to users of the lab and LIS.
- Help to maintain the equipment in the lab.
- Monitor the equipment in the lab and report and hardware and/or software problems to the staff in a timely manner
Education & Training
- Must have been a Digital Media Tutor for at least one year.
- High level of knowledge of multimedia development software.
- Possess project management skills pertaining to developing in a media type (3d objects, video, audio, websites)
- Ability to teach and lead public and private workshops
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written