Position Number: 900310
Department or Office: Center for Campus Activities & Leadership
Level: Level C (Specialist)
Date Prepared: 07-30-2010
Student Employment Information
Work Study: No
The Marketing Intern is an experienced Middlebury College student who serves as a para-professional member of the Center for Campus Activities and Leadership (CCAL) team.
The key responsibilities of this position include:
· Organizing, updating and managing bulletin boards in McCullough
· Designing, printing, and posting weekly “What’s Up Midd?” posters in the dining halls
· Distributing weekly table tents in dining halls
· Corresponding with student organizations via email about event publicity
· Occasionally designing, printing, and posting flyers for specific CCAL events and activities
· Designing and updating the video display in the Student Center
· Offering general assistance to CCAL visitors
· Assisting as needed with other CCAL projects that emerge over the course of the year (could include work on Winter Term Workshops, assistance with the Activities Fairs and other major events, etc.)
January through mid-May at approximately 5-7 hours per week.
Education & Training
Skills and Experience: Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks; top-notch organization skills; ability to manage alternative ebbs and flows in workload; self-motivation and the ability to work independently on projects; patience and the ability to seek alternative solutions to unforeseen problems; positive attitude and interest in learning, thinking creatively, and working as a member of a team; previous graphic design experience preferred.
Knowledge: Adobe InDesign; Microsoft Word, Publisher, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted.
Please be prepared to submit a cover letter and a resume as well as provide the names of three (3) references during the online application process. Also please choose 2 graphic design projects to bring with you, if invited to interview for this position.