Position Number: 900129
Department or Office: Student Activities
Level: Level C (Specialist)
Date Prepared: 02-16-2012
Student Employment Information
Work Study: No
The Media Intern is an experienced Middlebury College student who serves as a para-professional member of the Center for Student Activities team. The key responsibilities of this position include:
- Updating and maintaining the Student Activities and Orientation websites
- Creating new and dynamic content to post to the web (i.e. slideshows, videos, etc.)
- Updating the current website by aggregating content and current events
- Designing monthly e-newsletters for advisors and student organization members
- Creating and managing social media sites such as Twitter and Facebook
- Working with the Marketing Intern to create slides for student organizations for the video display in McCullough and for the web
- Assist with MiddLink as needed
- Assisting as needed with other Student Activities projects that emerge over the course of the year (could include work on Winter Term Workshops, assistance with the Activities Fairs and other major events, etc.)
Early September through mid-May at approximately 8-10 hours per week.
Skills and Experience:
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks; top-notch organization skills; self-motivation and the ability to work independently on projects; positive attitude and interest in learning, thinking creatively, and working as a member of a team; previous web, social networking, and graphic design experience preferred.
Facebook, Adobe Dreamweaver or alternative web design program, Twitter, Microsoft Word, Publisher, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe InDesign, and Photoshop. Previous HTML, CSS, and Drupal experience helpful.
Applications will be reviewed beginning April 16.
Please be prepared to submit a cover letter and a resume as well as provide the names of three (3) references during the online application process.