Student Center Supervisor
Position Number: 900104
Department or Office: Center for Campus Activities & Leadership
Level: Level C (Specialist)
- Take responsibility for McCullough during evening and weekend hours; assisting student leaders who are programming in McCullough by giving them information about set-ups, procedures, etc.
- Ensure that all services provided by the facility are done effectively. Maintain order and cleanliness on an on-going basis. Respond to spills. Setup AV equipment when necessary.
- Perform building inspection tours. Accountable for building security. Identify problem areas within the building and act on them as appropriate.
- Enforce building and operating policies and procedures.
- Report immediately emergency situations to Public Safety. Assist with evacuations.
- Complete a report form at the end of each shift.
- Utilize scheduling database system and maintain a listing of daily meetings/programs in the Student Center and on campus in general; direct users to proper rooms.
- Provide information as requested by phone and to visitors of the Student Center.
- Maintain Information Desk and Crest Room area by keeping it neat and clean at all times.
- Attend monthly staff meetings; on-going training including first aid and CPR; dress in appropriate attire.
- Follow duties of CCAL Technical Assistants as scheduling requires.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Demonstrated supervisory or leadership ability.
- Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Extensive knowledge of the College; clear speaking voice.
- General knowledge of audio-visual equipment
- Completed at least one academic year at Middlebury College
- Windows-based computer knowledge
- Ability to lift and move/carry 50lbs.
- Be a student in good standing at the College.
A student center is more than a building. It serves as a unifying force in the life of the College. Student employees of the Center for Campus Activities and Leadership and the McCullough Student Center, play an important role in representing Middlebury College and its programs to our patrons. Our Student Supervisors are in a unique position to stay informed about events and activities on campus, meet student and administrative leaders and faculty members, influence the direction of student-led programs, shape the quality of student life on campus, and help mold the College's image among those who are visiting and inquiring about our campus.