Position Number: 900633
Department or Office: Center for Campus Activities & Leadership
Level: Level C (Specialist)
Carry out design and maintenance of Web sites for the MCAB.
MCAB seeks an experienced web designer to keep the MCAB website (go/mcab) current and vibrant with upcoming events, upload photos and post special announcements.
This person will attend weekly (Monday nights, 6:30-7:30) MCAB Exec board meetings and maintain communication with the student for the duration of the second semester.
Previous experience with marketing and web design and ability to design a calendar format to display upcoming events or otherwise improve the efficiency of the website is desired. Candidate must be reliable, organized and committed.
Ability to prioritize a large number of tasks is essential.
- Ensures consistency of design, layout and integrity of content across an extensive network of sites.
- Has basic computer skills, e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Carries out various forms of graphic design/manipulation for the web using PhotoShop, etc.
- Transfers content to web from a variety of software programs.
- Proofreads text.
- Plays an active role in tracking necessary web updates, taking the initiative to find up-to-date content and prepare it for the web.
- Directs other students and occasionally staff on web maintenance.
- Good communication skills are essential.
Education and Training
Experience in web page development required. Strong reading, writing, and editing skills. Web design skills desirable.
Familiarity with the college's Content Management System (CMS) a plus but we will train the right student to use this system. Experience with PC's, Web development software, scanners, and digital cameras preferred. Please submit a resume and example of previous work.