Outdoor Orientation EMT
Position Number: 900646
Department or Office: Center for Campus Activities & Leadership
Level: Level C (Specialist)
- Conduct evacuations involving minor injuries or illnesses making it difficult for Outdoor Orientation participants to continue, or negatively impacting the experiences of the other group members. Examples might be strains or sprains, colds and bugs, minor soft-tissue injuries, etc. This may require skiing or snowshoeing with a heavy pack. It is possible that an overnight in the field may be necessary.
- Staff the Outdoor Orientation emergency hotline in the Crest Room. This hotline is staffed around the clock while trips are in the field, including over night.
- Document in writing all actions taken in the event of an evacuation.
- Valid WEMT, EMT, or WFR
- Significant winter backcountry experience
- Ability to hike 5-10 miles with heavy pack in all conditions
- Previous experience with MOO, FOO, or MMC programming
- College Driver's License