Storage Restrictions/Requirements (click to view)
|Please read through the information below as procedures have changed from previous years.|
All students storing items must:
- Complete, print, and bring the Storage Agreement with them when delivering items to storage. (Agreements available here)
- Make sure that all items have a completed storage label attached to each Item. (Labels available here)
- Pay for storage items via the Public Safety Storefront before arriving at the barn. Bring the copy of the receipt showing you have paid for storage.
- Arrange for their own transportation of items to Fletcher Storage
- Make sure not to over-pack any containers or boxes. Items may not exceed 75 lbs.
The Following items may be stored at Fletcher Barn.*
- Items contained in sturdy cardboard boxes or plastic bins with lids and measuring a maximum of 18x18x18. Boxes must be able to fit on the shelf.
- Trunks (i.e., foot lockers)
- Refrigerators (defrosted, empty and measuring 18x18x18 maximum)
The following items may not be stored:
- Hazardous Materials
- Food or other Perishables
- Rugs or carpets
- Bicycles - Contact the student run Bike Shop
*Note: This storage area is not climate controlled. The College is not responsible for any damage caused by cold, heat, humidity, insects, or rodents.
Storage Terms (click to view)
The Department of Public Safety maintains a storage facility for students' personal belongings. This facility is intended for use by Middlebury College undergraduates who will be away from the college for the summer, or for few terms not to exceed 18 months. This storage area does not have climate controls, and the college is not responsible for any damage caused by cold, heat, humidity, insects, or rodents. When a student withdraws or graduates from the college, all items must be removed from college storage at that time of withdrawal or before leaving campus following commencement.
All items to be stored by a student will be received at one time and will be stored collectively. Upon returning to campus, the student must retrieve all his/her items at one visit during the scheduled storage hours. Check the Public Safety storage web page periodically as updated storage hours will be posted.
To ensure appropriate staffing levels and expedite storage processes, students are required to register below for a date and time for which they will be storing items.
Once you have registered for a storage date, you will receive an e-mail with the date and time you selected as well as links to policies & requirements/limitations surrounding storing items in the Fletcher Storage facility. All of this information is readily available on the storage site as well.
For those requiring an earlier date for storing items, select "Early Departure", Fill in the requested date, submit the form, then contact the Department of Public Safety. This option is strongly discouraged and does not guarantee that we will have hours but allows us to understand if we may need to have additional staffing available.
(Note: for security reasons and consideration of neighbors, Fletcher storage will not be opened prior to 8am or after 8pm.)
Below are the hours for which Fletcher Storage will be open for storing or retrieving items. Please choose from one of the dates/times below.
Before arriving at Fletcher Barn to store your items be sure to complete the following:
- Boxes meet the requirements outlined in the storage agreement.
- Boxes are labeled with storage labels.
- You have paid online via credit card. If you do not have a credit card you will need to have the exact change/payment for the number of boxes/items you will be storing.
If you will be retrieving items, be sure to have adequate transportation & assistance to remove all items from Fletcher.
Please note: this information will also be e-mailed to you with links to the labels, storage agreement, and how to pay for storing items online, etc...