Where can I get help filling out the forms for my grant proposal?

A lot of the information you need to fill out forms (Middlebury’s F&A rate, DUNS and EIN numbers, etc.) is on this page or can be reached via the links you’ll find there. If you’re still stuck, contact us.

Who is Middlebury’s Authorized Organizational Representative?

Our Authorized Organizational Representative (AOR) is the Director of Grants & Contract Administration (or a person designated to act in his stead). To be sure you name the right person on the form, check here.

What’s Middlebury’s Tax Identification Number?

Our tax ID number, also known as our Employer Identification Number (EIN), can be found here.

What is the grant proposal endorsement form? Where can I get one?

Middlebury's grant proposal Endorsement Form (formerly known the "blue sheet") certifies for the Director of Grants & Contract Administration that your budget and draft proposal have been reviewed and approved by the appropriate College personnel. You can download it here. If you prefer to get a hard copy, please contact us.

For more information on when this form is required, what attachments to include, and who must sign, click here.

I have a blank copy of the endorsement form on my computer from the last time I applied for a grant. Can I still use it?

We strongly recommend that you don't! You can download the current version of the endorsement form here

Can I use the same NIH (NSF, NEH, etc.) forms I used last year for this year’s proposal?

We strongly recommend that you don’t! Sponsors constantly update their programs, and forms often change with these updates. If you use the wrong forms, your proposal may be returned without review. To be 100% certain you’re using the right forms for the current funding opportunity, download the latest version from the program announcement or the sponsor’s website.

Where do I get the NIH (NSF, NEH, etc.) forms I need to submit with my proposal?

At the sponsor’s website. If you can’t find them there, or you’re not sure they’re the right ones, call us.

I’m just revising my budget – nothing else about my proposal will change. Do I need an endorsement form?
My department chair isn’t available to sign my endorsement form – can someone else sign it?

Yes. First, an email from your Department Chair is acceptable in lieu of signature. If the Chair is unavailable via email, the Dean for Faculty Development and Research can sign in lieu of your Department Chair. If the DFDR isn’t available, contact us.

My question isn’t on this page!

Email it to us, so we can answer you—and use your question to improve this website. Thanks!