Lynda is a fabulous video-based online instruction resource that is available to all academic year faculty, staff, and students, both here and at Monterey. You can learn new software skills to help at work or home by watching short, 2 to 3-minute movies or by working through an entire course.
Here's how to get started:
- Type go/lynda/ (or http://go.middlebury.edu/lynda/ from off campus) in your browser’s address field, then press Enter or Return.
- From Middlebury’s authentication page, log in with your Middlebury username and password (the one used for email).
- The first time you log in, you will be asked to provide basic information for your Lynda profile. Fill in your first and last name. The profile is used to store your personal video viewing history, bookmarks, certificates of completion, etc.
- Click “Save” to save your profile information; you will be re-directed to the Lynda site where you can begin your learning adventure.
- Use the “search” feature to find movies or courses of interest or hover the pointer over LIBRARY to access course groupings by subject areas.
- For more help getting started, click the “Support” link (located in the black border at the bottom of any lynda.com window), then click to view “How to use lynda.com”.
Download a short handout covering the highlights of getting started with lynda.com.