Lynda.com at Middlebury College
Lynda is a fabulous video-based online instruction resource that is now available to all faculty, staff, and students, both here and at Monterey. You can learn new software skills to help at work or home by watching short, 2 to 3-minute movies or by working through an entire course.
Here's how to get started:
- Type go/lynda (or go.middlebury.edu/lynda from off campus) in your browser’s address field, then press Enter or Return.
- From Middlebury’s authentication page, log in with your regular Middlebury username and password.
- The first time you log in, you will be asked to provide basic information for your Lynda profile. Fill in your first and last name. The profile is used to store your personal video viewing history, bookmarks, certificates of completion, etc.
- Click “Save” to save your profile information; you will be re-directed to the Lynda site where you can begin your learning adventure.
- Use the drop-down menus located in the black bar at the top of the site or use the “search” feature to find movies or courses of interest.
- You may also select “How to use lynda.com” from the “Support” menu for help getting started.
Download a short handout covering the highlights of getting started with lynda.com.