How do you know if you work with sensitive data? Here are some classic examples of this data type:
- Social Security Numbers
- Drivers License Numbers or Other State ID Numbers
- Medical Record Numbers and Associated Data
- Credit Card Numbers or Bank Numbers
Less sensitive but also protected include
- Student Records
- Student Financial Information
- Name, Address, Phone, E-Mail, used in conjunction together with other identifying information such as data of birth or biographical information.
While this is not intended to be an exhaustive list of sensitive data this can provide as a reference to types of data which should be protected. For more information please reference the Data Classification policy at http://go.middlebury.edu/dcp
Click here for a larger version of the image.