How do I add a video?
To upload the video:
1. Go to http://middmedia.middlebury.edu and sign in
2. Click the Upload Files button and upload your video
3. Click the "Embed Code and URLs" link to the right of the uploaded video
4. Copy the HTTP (Download) URL
To add the video to the site:
1. Go to the page where you want to add the video and click Edit
2. In the editing window type the following:
3. Replace "http://middmedia.middlebury.edu/url_you_copied" with the URL you
4. Replace "X" with the width you want the video player to be, in pixels.
5. Replace "Y" with the height you want the video player to be, in pixels.
You have a 500mb quota for files uploaded to MiddMedia, which can be increased
on request. Files uploaded to MiddMedia will be automatically converted to file
types that are supported for streaming video online.
What is the max width of the center content column on second and third tier pages? If I want to place an image in the center column how wide can it be? And how wide can the image be if there will NOT be a right hand sidebar?
The maximum width for a page with a sidebar is 450px. This is the "standard" image size in the size dropdown when adding an image.
The maximum width for a page with no sidebar is 680px. This is the "large" image size in the size dropdown when adding an image.
How do I delete a node from one page and move it to another page?
- Edit the node.
- Expand the Pages section near the bottom of the edit form.
- Click the Add button.
- Find the new page you want the node to appear on and click the "select" link to the right of that page's name.
- Click the name of the page where the node currently appears so that it is highlighted in black.
- Click the Delete button.
- Save the node.
Can a page have more than one "Text for right column" node? If I create more than one, the previously created item becomes hidden.
Yes. This has to do with the different between a page and a node. Once you have created a sidebar page, by choosing "Text for right column" in the page's Menu appearance settings, you can then add one or more nodes to the page using the Add option under the Content tab of the Edit Console.
Will I still be able to edit my web site between January 5 and the go-live date in February?
Yes! We will inform you of any scheduled downtime or changes.
Is there an easy way to change a finished sidebar into a Carousel?
1. Click the "[Edit]" link at the top of the sidebar.
2. Click "Settings" in the Edit Console.
3. Expand the "Appearance" section.
4. Expand the "Menu Appearance" section.
5. Click the "Carousel" radio button.
6. Click the "Save Settings" button.
Because they are designed for different portions of the page, and the Carousel has a fixed height, you will probably need to change some of the content in the nodes to make it look good in its new Carousel presentation.
Hello, I am quite sure I signed up for a workshop, but I did not keep a record of when it was. Sorry! Do you by any chance have a record of who is signed up for when, and can you refresh my memory?
You can contact the Helpdesk to check on workshop and worksession scheduling. Though we encourage you to schedule ahead to ensure a spot, many of these workshops and worksessions were lightly attended (at least at the end of December) and you'll likely be able to sit in if you just show up.
How do I choose a color palate?
Click on the SETTINGS tab for the page
Click on the APPEARANCE link, towards the bottom
There is a dropdown menu under PAGE COLOR SCHEME, choose the color
palette you would like to apply
Click on the SAVE SETTINGS button
Can you remind me how I can have a sidebar on one page, but not have it appear on any other pages in that 'family' of information?
From the child pages, add a sidebar but do not add content afterward.
Click on the SETTINGS tab for that page
Click the ADD SUB-PAGE tab
PAGE NAME = sidebar
URL NAME = sidebar
Click the APPEARANCE link
Click MENU APPEARANCE
Choose "Text for right column"
Click on the SAVE SETTINGS button