Congratulations, seniors! This May we celebrate your academic achievements with a variety of activities, culminating in the conferring of degrees at a formal ceremony on Commencement Day. You are no doubt very excited about this occasion—and rightfully so. You have worked hard for this day!
As your final weeks at Middlebury fly by, please remember that this event means a great deal to your family as well. They will want to know what to expect, and you will need to understand what is expected of you. Please take a moment to review this handbook and share this information with your family.
- May 1
- Notify the Registrar’s Office if you are planning to participate in the Commencement ceremony. For double and joint majors, declare which department you wish to march with. Note: Nongraduating seniors may march and be seated with graduating seniors, but they will not cross the stage for a diploma.
- May 1
- Returning Febs must contact the residential systems coordinator to arrange for on-campus Commencement Weekend housing.
- May 5
- Order graduation announcements for Commencement.
- May 22
- BY NOON: Notify the Registrar’s Office if you are not planning to attend graduation.
- May 24-26
- 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.: Pick up cap, gown, and keepsake Commencement invitations at the bookstore.
- May 27
- 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.: Last chance to pick up cap, gown, and keepsake Commencement invitations at the bookstore.
- May 28
- Commencement Day
9:00 a.m.: Senior lineup, east side of Old Chapel.
3:00 p.m.: Checkout for Bread Loaf, Hepburn Hall, and Gifford Hall guests (no exceptions).
11:00 p.m. (at the latest): Graduates must be moved out of residence halls.
Senior Week Program
The Senior Week activity schedule is publicized in early spring. The Senior Week Committee handles Senior Week activities. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.