Explore Your Options
Exploration is the path to self-discovery. Knowing what intrigues you, captivates your attention, inspires you to think creatively—that’s the first step in understanding who you are and where you want to go. Through the opportunities, advising, and other resources at CCI and across Middlebury, you have a number of ways to get started on that journey of exploration.
Profiles | Beyond the Classroom
Ways To Explore Your Options
- Check out the many internships or jobs listed on MOJO that might interest you. Make sure your MOJO profile is up to date.
- Begin to hone your networking skills to connect with people who can help you create or find your own internship, or who can offer career advice.
- Consider studying abroad and get the information you need to make a decision.
- Learn more about yourself—your personality, interests, skills, and values. Talk with a career adviser about how these connect to potential career interests that you might want to explore through volunteering, internships, self-directed projects, etc.
- Seek a leadership opportunity on campus: become a MAlt trip leader, community-service leader, peer career ambassador; or run for office in a student organization, club, or SGA.
- If you are interested in these careers, check out: Careers in the Common Good (CCG) blog; prelaw and premed advising, and the Student Investment Committee.
- Look for ways to connect your classroom learning to outside-the-classroom experiences.
- Develop your cultural competencies; explore opportunities at home and abroad that broaden your experience and perspective.
More Actions You Can Take
- Find a summer internship through MOJO or learn how to develop your own.
- Apply for funding to help support your unpaid summer internship.
- Do a J-term internship for credit.
- Search job opportunities through MOJO and beyond.
- Sign up for a MAlt service trip over one of the school breaks.
- Go to a Decision Points workshop to help you think about choosing a major, studying abroad, or getting involved in campus activities. Check the CCI calendar for workshops.
- Attend on-campus career panels, talks, and Career Conversations with Midd alums working in your field of interest.
- Attend on-campus employer information sessions to meet with employers and learn about their industry or organization.
- Research information on career fields related to your interests and skills.
- Learn to use MiddNet to connect with Middlebury alumni who can give you important career information and advice.
- Explore postgraduate fellowships and graduate school options.
- Take a service learning course that connects your learning to the local or world community.