Please carefully read the following guidelines for attending the Dalai Lama’s talks.
Regarding Your Ticket
• Tickets are non-replaceable – Be sure to keep your ticket in a safe place that you will remember.
What to Bring
• Your Ticket
• Your College ID (if you are a Middlebury College student)
• Cash – If you wish to purchase a light snack in the event facility.
• You may bring your cell phone, but kindly turn it to silent mode.
• Any purse or bag must be smaller than 9” x 11”
• A line to form outside Nelson, prepare for weather.
• Delays due to security restrictions.
• A security screening not unlike passing through airport security.
• Allowed items and small bags are subject to search by security personnel.
• No storage is available for prohibited items.
• Early arrivals to have the best choice of seating.
• Water and restrooms will be available once you have passed through security.
• Friday, October 12: Doors open at 11:45 AM and close at 1:15 PM.
• Saturday, October 13: Doors open at 7:00 AM and close at 9:00 AM.
• No late arrivals. No re-entry.
• Ticketholders who have not passed through security when doors close will be directed to overflow seating at McCullough Social Space and Dana Auditorium for live videocast.
• Please refrain from solicitation (fliers/brochures). Failure to comply with these measures will result in removal from the venue.
If you have special accessibility needs or require ADA accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by October 1st.
• Aerosol sprays, mace or pepper spray
• Ammunition (either real or simulated), firearms or weapons of any kind
• Animals (other than service animals)
• Audio or video recorders
• Bags, backpacks, or purses larger than 9” x 11”
• Bottles, cans, coolers, plastic water bottles (Nalgenes), thermal or glass containers
• Computers, laptops, or tablets
• Explosives of any kind (including fireworks)
• Food and beverages
• Knives, blades or sharp objects (of any length)
• Laser pointers, pocket or hand tools (such as Leatherman tools)
• Packages, large bags or suitcases
• Posters, signs and placards
• Professional cameras (cameras with detachable or long lenses)
• Sticks, poles, or umbrellas
• And any other items at the discretion of the security screeners that may pose a potential safety hazard.
At the conclusion of his remarks, there will be a time for questions.
His Holiness will answer only those questions that have been submitted in advance. To have your question considered for selection, please send it by e-mail to email@example.com with the subject line: HHDL Q & A.
People attending the Dalai Lama event on October 13, 2012 will be able to park and walk from many of the nearby and remote College parking lots. Parking must be in accordance with College policy and the Town of Middlebury parking rules. Anyone with parking questions should email Public Safety at firstname.lastname@example.org and title the message “Parking for Dalai Lama." Please allow up to 20 minutes to walk to Nelson Arena; there is no parking at Nelson Arena (except for those with handicapped permits).