MyStudentBody & UE Summer Courses
Middlebury College requires all incoming students to participate in four self-paced courses through MyStudentBody and United Educators that address alcohol, drugs, sexual assault, and harrassment. We focus on these areas of concern because both national and local data suggest that they are areas of heightened risk for new students on campus. The online courses provide new member of our community with a foundation of knowledge, language, and tools to continue conversations about these important issues into orientation and the rest of your Middlebury career.
The feedback students receive through the program is for their eyes only; college staff will not be able to see the results of the assessment, only the compiled data for the entire college. The four courses take approximately 120 minutes (total) to complete and must be completed by August 30, 2013 for the 2013-2014 academic year. International students with limited access to the Internet you are required to take the course as soon as they arrive on campus.
- Go to MyStudentBody online and click on REGISTER HERE to create your secure account. Enter your email address, select password, and enter middleburypanthers as the school code. Follow the on-screen prompts to enter required security and demographic information. Click continue. NOTE: This school code is for students only – parents should use the code middleburyparent
- From the My Stuff page, select the Essentials Course by clicking Take Now under Status.
- Select a module and complete the questionnaire and pre-quiz for that module.
- Complete all module material.
- Complete the post-test. NOTE: The course consists of multiple modules. Repeat steps 3-5 for each module required for the course. You must complete the course by August 30, 2013 with a passing score of 78.
- Complete the course survey. Once you complete the three Essentials Courses with a passing score (78), the program will log your status as complete; there is no need to print or email a completion certificate. You will then be redirected to My Stuff where you will be free to explore other areas of the website such as the library in the Student Center or ask questions in the Advice area. These resources will be available to you all year upon login to the website.
- Finally, all courses include a follow-up assessment that helps you see how you have changed since you took the course. You will receive an email approximately 60 days after you complete the course asking you to log in to MyStudentBody and complete the 10-minute assessment. Please fill out the assessment as soon as you are notified. Completing this follow-up assessment is required of all first year students.
- Go to United Educators Student page
- First-time users should select the option to create a new account on the right side of the screen.
- Enter this institution registration code: 0616-S101-XY12
- Create a username and password, and then provide information for a user profile.
- Once you are on the eLearning homepage, launch the coursesby clicking the course title:
- Lasting Choices: Protecting Our Campus From Sexual Assault and
- Show Some Respect! Prevent Harassment.
- You must complete both courses by August 30, 2013. Your completion status will be logged by the program. You do not need to print or save a certificate of completion.
- If you revisit United Educators Student page, log in using the username and password you created in step 2.
- If you have any issues with the course please feel free to contact the 24hr help desk.
Please do not hesitate to contact Barbara McCall, Director of Health and Wellness Education, with questions about MyStudentBody.