Pre-Departure and Visa

Once accepted into the School in Cameroon, you will find forms to complete as well as learning content to read here:

All participants are required to have a student visa to study in Cameroon.  From within the US, you shoud apply at the Embassy in DC, but you mail apply by mail.  You should make an appointment at a travel clinic well in advance of the start of the program (it's never too early to go) to get the required yellow fever vaccine, any other vaccines you and your doctor find prudent, and also to get a malarial prophalaxis.

You may apply for your visa once you have proof of the yellow fever vaccine (WHO card) and your acceptance letters (one from UCAC and one from Middlebury), but no sooner than 90 days before the start of the program.

Please follow these istructions when applying:

The application form itself is fairly self-explanatory, except it bears mentioning that when you are asked for your mother’s name in foreign contexts, they want her maiden (not married) name.  Also, your profession is “student”; employer is your school.  Please pay attention to the specified date format.

You’ll need a reference in Cameroon, for which you should use our director:

Jeannette Ariane Ngabeu

And the only address you should reference is that of the university:

Universite Catholique de l'Afrique Centrale
Campus de Nkol-Bisson
Faculte de Sciences Sociales et de Gestion
PO, BOX, 11 628
Yaounde, Cameroon
tel. +(237) 22 33 74 00