The Office of Grants and Sponsored Programs (OGSP) is responsible for supporting all grant-related activities at Middlebury.
Sponsored Research and Faculty-initiated grants
The mission of Sponsored Research staff is to ensure that the College and its faculty are positioned to submit grant proposals to the federal government and other sponsors. We support an engaged and active faculty by providing advice and assistance at all stages of grant-seeking and grant administration. Our highest priorities are responding to faculty working on grant proposals with impending deadlines and dealing with time-sensitive issues related to grant administration and academic program development. We also oversee institutional endorsement procedures, monitor College compliance with sponsor requirements, and provide support to the academic administration with initiatives related to academic program enhancement, science planning, and compliance responsibilities. If you work for the College and have an idea for a proposal, please contact us.
Corporate & Foundation Relations - Institutional grants
The mission of Corporate and Foundation Relations staff is to obtain philanthropic support for College initiatives through the identification, cultivation, and solicitation of foundations, corporations, and federal agencies. To do this, we proactively seek resources to support priority programs defined by senior leadership, while being opportunistic and agile in supporting other initiatives and programs as time and resources permit. If you have an idea for an institutional proposal, please contact us.
Grants Accounting Office - Financial administration for all grants
Forms for internal funding (including FPDF and FRAF), leave program policies and guidelines, and information related to programs administered by the Dean for Faculty
- Jim Ralph, Dean for Faculty Development & Research: x5320 (Davis Family Library, CTLR, Room 225C) -- all funding for faculty development including the leave program
- Suzanne Gurland, Dean of Curriculum: x5909, x5323 (Old Chapel/ McCardell Bicentennial Hall)
- Steve Trombulak, Director of the Sciences: x5439 (Hillcrest/ McCardell Bicentennial Hall)
- Pieter Broucke, Director of the Arts: x5227 (Mahaney Center for the Arts)
- Andi Lloyd, Vice President of Academic Affairs/Dean of the Faculty x5908 (Old Chapel)
- Lynn Dunton, Budget Coordinator for Academic Affairs: x3085 (Old Chapel)
For all research that involves human subjects
For all research that involves animals
For students participating in research
Many support services for students and faculty
- College libraries: printed grant directories in the reference collection
- Center for Teaching, Learning, and Research: printed grant directories and writing resources
- Academic Affairs: Faculty Research & Development website