Insurance & Liability Issues

Click on the links below to find information about insurance and liability issues for College offices and departments. If you don't find your question answered here, or if you need further information, please contact the Business Services Office at 802.443.5504.



Personal Health Insurance:

In order to be certain that students will be assisted in meeting the unexpected and sometimes heavy expense of an illness or accident, Middlebury College requests all students to have personal health insurance. If you do not already have health insurance that will provide coverage while at Middlebury, you should obtain coverage prior to arrival on campus. International students, in particular, should ascertain that their health insurance is valid in the U.S.

Certificate of Insurance for Independent Contractors
Release Forms
Please read the Standard Release Form Instructions for release information and for which form to use.

Do I have health insurance through Middlebury College?

All undergraduate and graduate students enrolled at Middlebury College are automatically enrolled in the mandatory student accident only insurance plan.  This plan provides coverage for accidents sustained during the academic year (September 1 through May 31).  The voluntary sickness insurance, which can be purchased through Gallagher Koster Insurance, provides coverage for illness from September 1 through August 31.  For more information regarding insurance benefits or to enroll in the sickness plan, please visit the