Payments to Employees

Whether you are a professor or researcher coming to the College or Institute to teach and research, a new staff member or a student working for the College / Institute, you are considered an employee.

You can generally receive a Wage and under some circumstances reimbursements for travel expenses. Below is detailed how these payments are treated tax-wise for U.S. citizens, green card holders and resident aliens for tax purposes.  For employee payments to non-resident aliens see the Foreign Nationals section.