Research & Collection Services

The Research & Collection Services (RCS) area of LIS is responsible for acquiring materials that are added to library collections, for making them available through MIDCAT, prepares them for the shelves, maintains and updates the MIDCAT database, and preserves library materials.  RCS is also the home of the reference & instruction librarians, and oversees the LIS liaison program.

Reference & Instruction

The Reference & Instruction group consists of research librarians and LIS liaisons who oversee our information literacy initiatives, provide one-on-one, group and virtual research assistance, support College classes by way of research workshops, create subject guides, and support the curriculum and development of various ‘literacies

How do I get a job reference for work after I graduate?

In order for any supervisor that you had as a student employee at the College to release information on you regarding your employment you will need to complete the Information Release and Waiver Agreement.

Research Advice

If you want help finding something, you've come to the right place.  We offer lots of advice here on our web site.  We're also happy to meet with you individually, and we offer workshops too.


Ask a Librarian


Check our chat status in the sidebar to see if a librarian is available.

Meet (in Person!)

Research Desk
Davis Family Library, Main Floor
Look for the Librarian on Duty sign: