Peer Writing Tutors
Drop-in peer writing tutoring begins the second week of the fall and spring semesters. Drop-in Peer Writing Tutors are available for writing tutoring sessions:
7:30 pm - midnight Sunday through Thursday
(except during school vacations)
To learn more about the program, contact:
Mary Ellen Bertolini, Writing Center Director, directs the Peer Writing Tutor and Writing and Academic Mentor Program at Middlebury College. Yonna McShane, Director of Learning Resources helps train the Writing and Academic Mentors.
Maggie Morris, Head Peer Writing Tutor. Maggie approves time, runs evening makeup sessions and assists the Program Director.
Using a Peer Writing Tutor or FYS Mentor
Sessions work best
- When the tutor has a clear idea of the professor’s writing expectations for students,
- When students in the class see the sessions with the tutor as an important part of the writing process for all students in the class, and
- When the professor emphasizes the importance of those sessions by making them mandatory.
- Meet with your peer writing tutor early in the semester or before the beginning of the semester.
- Give a copy of your class syllabus to your peer writing tutor.
Using Peer Writing Tutors and FYS Mentors in Your Classes
Peer Writing Tutors and Writing and Academic Mentors: Getting Paid
For complete instructions, consult the Peer Writing Tutor blog.