Peer Writing Tutors
Using a Peer Writing Tutor or FYS Mentor
Sessions work best
- When the tutor has a clear idea of the professor’s writing expectations for students,
- When students in the class see the sessions with the tutor as an important part of the writing process for all students in the class, and
- When the professor emphasizes the importance of those sessions by making them mandatory.
- Meet with your peer writing tutor early in the semester or before the beginning of the semester.
- Give a copy of your class syllabus to your peer writing tutor.
Using Peer Writing Tutors and FYS Mentors in Your Classes
For complete instructions, consult the Peer Writing Tutor blog.