Updated for 2015-2016 Housing Process
In the late Spring, First Year students participate in the Commons live room draw for their Sophomore Year housing. Each Commons sets aside specific rooms within their Commons community for their rising Sophomores. Rising Sophomores will be able to participate in their own Common's draw with other rising Sophomores from their own Commons.
Different from the online process for Juniors and Seniors, the Sophomore draws take place in person in your First Year residence hall.
Please make sure to review the information on this webpage and the Commons specific information available on the Room Draw Calendar.
- Sophomores may not switch commons affiliations.
- Sophomores may live in Academic and Special Interest Houses, the Wellness House or, to a limited degree, a Social House. (A list of those programs' webpages can be found at go/roomdraw).
- Rooms that will be offered in each draw will be shared with students beforehand by their Commons.
- Rising Sophomores will receive a Random number specific to their Commons via their BANNER pages prior to their Common's housing processes.
- New Febs are assigned random numbers along with September admitted students.
- In order to participate in the Live Draw, a student must bring to the draw a print out of the BANNER page. For groups, a copy of the BANNER page must be represented for each student in their group for whom they wish to choose a bed.
- Your Commons may choose to hold Quiet Hall and/or Block-Suite draws in advance of their Live Draw. If so, blocks will be awarded based on the lowest random number of the group and/or other factors determined by your Commons.
- Doubles are awarded based on the lower of the two random numbers.
- Students who are not able to attend their draw may choose a proxy to choose their housing for them and should provide the proxy with a signed copy of their random number BANNER page.
- Room assignments are final and once a student is assigned a bed they may not participate in any other room draw process or return to choose or switch rooms.
- Rooms that are blocked for Room Draw purposes are no longer considered a unit as of the end of that process.
PLEASE NOTE: A small number of Sophomores within each commons will not receive housing assignments during their Commons' live draw. Those students will be housed during the Summer Draw process. Students should not be concerned if they enter the summer without a housing assignment. All un-housed Sophomores will be housed within their Common's communities or in beds in transitional areas that will be kept in reserve for either Sophomores or upper-class students.