All students who are trying out for either an intercollegiate team or Crew and Rugby must complete the following checklist before they will be eligible to participate.
1) All new students are required to have an entrance physical conducted at home by a physician. To be eligible to participate in intercollegiate athletics, club rugby and crew the physician must complete and sign the Entrance History and Physical Exam and Activity Clearance pages on the Student Health Form. If these sections on the Student Health Form are not completed and signed by a physician, you will not be able to practice or play in games with the team. You can contact Parton Health Service (802) 443-5135 if you have any questions about the Student Health Form. (For students who have not participated in a sport at Middlebury College these forms must be done within 6 months of starting the intended sport).
2) If at the time you enter Middlebury College you are under the age of 18, you need to print off the General Release and Covenant Not To Sue form using the link provided below. Please return the completed form to Parton Health Service.
Also if under the age of 18, you need to read the material and print off the waiver form from the link below. You and your parents must sign it and return it to Parton Health Service.
3) If you are currently taking medication for ADD or ADHD you must provide complete documentation of this diagnosis as required by the NCAA. Using the link provided below, please print this form and have your physician complete and sign it. Please return this form to Parton Health Service in a sealed envelope marked as: NCAA ADD/ADHD form. Please remember to put your name on the envelope. Club rugby and crew do not need to comply with the NCAA rulings around ADD and ADHD medication.
4) All students must register for their user account with the student health portal. To register, follow the simple instructions on the portal home page. Once you have registered with the portal, you will be sent a password. This password will allow you to access some of your health records and the remainder of Sports Medicine's required forms (which are available in the portal after August 1st). These forms will be submitted electronically and stored with your medical records at Parton Health Service. Here is the link to the student health portal, which may take a few minutes to load as it establishes a secure connection. http://midb.studenthealthportal.com/PyramedPortal
5) Once you have done these things you will be contacted by Sports Medicine if there is any other special documentation that they may need. (i.e. clearance from physicians for previous injuries, more documentation on pre-existing medical conditions)
6) Lastly, you will need to set up a time with Sports Medicine to take a baseline concussion test. Fall varsity athletes coming in before school starts will have this scheduled as part of their pre-season clearance process, but everyone else will need to sign-up through Sports Medicine.