Circulation Services: firstname.lastname@example.org
Davis Family Library: 802.443.5494
Armstrong Library: 802.443.5449
Davis Family Library Reserves: 802.443.5495
You are welcome to contact us individually, but you'll receive an immediate response during open hours if you use the contact information above.
The Discovery & Access Services (DAS) area of the library is responsible for acquiring materials that are added to library collections, for making them available through MIDCAT and Summon, prepares them for the shelves, maintains and updates the MIDCAT database, and preserves library materials. DAS is also the home of borrowing, Inter-Library loan, reserves, and library systems.
The formal responsibilities of RCS are to:
- Evaluate and build our collections, and endeavor to ensure their continuing relevance
- Locate and secure desired resources
- Categorize, analyze, and describe our collections
- Prepare, monitor, and preserve our collections and access tools Make available our collections and technical expertise world-wide
- We understand the needs of faculty, students, and staff and promote change to better meet those needs.
- Communicate effectively with faculty, students, and staff. We vigorously promote awareness of library resources and services. We listen and respond.
- Support the curriculum and development of various ‘literacies’ that enable independent research and lifelong learning.
- Systematically assess the effectiveness of library and technology resources and services.
- Maintain an awareness of the information needs of the College community and investigate and review developments in technology, formats, pedagogy, instructional design, resources, and scholarly communication.
- Connect people who need library services and resources with the people who provide those services and resources, and when necessary, act as facilitators to help resolve problems.
- Help develop technologies and library collections based on an awareness of available resources and the needs of our users. We test creative ways of providing resources and services.
For internal documentation and links to work-related web sites, see the DAS wiki.
Circulation is responsible for any and all physical items that are borrowed from the libraries. This includes books, CDs, scores, DVDs, keys, cameras, laptops, and just about anything else anyone wants to have available for students to check out. We are on the front lines of customer service and are responsible for having the desk staffed every hour the libraries are open.
Please visit go/borrowing (go.middlebury.edu/borrowing) for more information.