Medical Emergencies: Dial 911...
In the event of a medical emergency, call the Department of Public Safety at x 5911 (802-443-5911) or dial 911 from any phone or cell phone. Remain calm and provide the following information:
- Type of emergency.
- Extent of the injuries, if known.
- Location of the emergency of injured person. Be specific and as clear as possible.
- Do not move the injured person unless there is a threat of additional injury. The Department of Public Safety can dispatch support to the location and also activate the 911 emergency system.
- Do not hang up until the dispatcher advises you to do so.
Mental Health Emergency Crisis:
- Counseling Service of Addison County 24-hour emergency telephone: 802-388-6741.
- You may also refer to the Counseling Services emergency information website.
Non-urgent medical questions after-hours have several options:
- Call Parton the following day to speak with a nurse.
- Call the 24-hour nurse advice line associated with your personal medical insurance.
- Students who enrolled in Middlebury’s Student Health Insurance Plan through Gallagher Koster may utilize a 24/7 Nurse Help Line service that provides clinical assessment, education and general health information. This service is performed by a registered Nurse Counselors to assist in identifying the appropriate level and source(s) of care for Insured Students (based upon symptoms reported and/or health questions asked by or on behalf of the Insured). Nurses will not diagnose an Insured Person's ailments. In order to access the Nurse Help line, you should call 1-800-407-7307.
- Students with other forms of medical insurance can contact the number provided by their insurance company.
Click link for directions to Porter Hospital located on South Street in Middlebury (less than 1 mile from campus):