The following represent our top priorities for Fiscal Year 23 (FY23). Not in priority order:
- Establish and support a strong ITS team and a set of service offerings centered in enterprise reporting and data analytics. Our goal is to build a community of practice, by providing knowledge, training and expertise to create information from the many sources of data available within the institution.
- Improve our Service Catalog and Knowledge Base Articles within the TDX Client Portal. Our goal is to provide better self-service functionality for our community and technical insight into the services we support.
- Improve the resiliency and security of our web hosting, providing an uninterrupted 24/7 service, by moving our on-premise Drupal and Wordpress hosting to 3rd party managed hosting providers.
- Free up public Internet Protocol (IP) address space assigned to the Middlebury campus. This will improve network security and will position the College to sell address space in a highly lucrative market.
- Provide the community with architecture, project management, and finance expertise to deliver multiple strategic projects/initiatives including legacy software replacement and consolidation, as well as definition of roadmaps for analytics and automation technologies at Middlebury in order to provide sustainable, secure, and accessible solutions.
- Improve our Middlebury community’s awareness of current cybersecurity threats, with significant focus on preventing email phishing scams and ransomware events, and also to provide policy and guidance for safe data handling practices to collect, store, transfer, share and archive sensitive data. This priority will be supported by online security awareness training resources, improved ITS policies, processes and online documentation, and virtual and in-person cybersecurity workshops with academic departments, administrative offices, and our GMHEC partners.
Information Technology Services
Davis Family Library 202
Middlebury, VT 05753