The two-week professional certificate training is designed and delivered by experienced professionals in the social and commercial venture investment industries. They understand the mission of the Frontier Market Scouts Program and what it takes to make a great Frontier Market Scout.
We are happy to welcome returning faculty and new additions to the team for the upcoming 2019 session:
- Alex Lazarow, Investment Director, Cathay Innovation
- Eric Maltzer, Director, Medora Ventures
- Yuwei Shi, Professor, Middlebury Institute
- Ashley Speyer, Senior Associate, Lean Data, ACUMEN
- Morgan Simon, Managing Director at Pi Investments
- Gray Robinson, ANZU Partners, Senior Associate
Schedule and Curriculum
The training curriculum combines lectures, co-creative projects, and experiential learning facilitated by leading social entrepreneurs and investors.
- January 7: Social Enterprise and Impact Investing (Ross Baird, President and Founder, Village Capital)
- January 8: Social Venture Ecosystems Across the Globe (Gray Robinson, ANZU Partners, Senior Associate)
- January 9–10: Impact Capital Stacks and Management Strategies (Eric Maltzer, Director at Medora Ventures)
- January 11: Unique Considerations for Social Enterprise Business Model Designs (Yuwei Shi, Professor, Middlebury Institute)
- January 13–14: Challenges and Approaches to Scaling Social Enterprises (Alex Lazarow, Principal at Omidyar Network)
- January 15: Building Cross-sector Impact Metrics (Ashley Speyer, Senior Associate, Lean Data, ACUMEN)
- January 16-17: Getting Real About Impact: The New Economics of Social Change (Morgan Simon, Managing Director at Pi Investments)
What you'll gain:
- Connection and guidance from experts.
- A community of practice with other participants
- Access to the FMS, Middlebury Institute, and Middlebury College alumni community
- Professional Certificate in Impact Investing and Social Enterprise Management from the Middlebury Institute
- FMS staff support connecting with social enterprises for an optional 2-12 month field fellowship
"I planned to do FMS for the field fellowship, but the certificate training turned-out to be one of the most impactful learning experiences I've ever had." -FMS Participant January 2018