Resources and helpful information for our Middlebury Institute community.
COVID Testing & Vaccine Information
Need to know where to get tested for COVID or the latest on the vaccine roll-out? The following information on resources for Monterey County COVID testing and vaccines should be helpful:
- Monterey County COVID Testing Information
- Monterey County COVID Testing Locations
- Monterey County COVID Vaccine Information
The Institute has now been registered for notification when vaccines are available in Monterey County for the educator tier, which is Phase 1b, Tier 1 and also requested on-site vaccination for MIIS employees.
For faculty and staff who have the Middlebury Cigna health plan, the Cigna website contains important COVID Information for Cigna Customers. Here is a summary that might be helpful:
- COVID-19 diagnostic visits: Cigna is waiving out-of-pocket costs for COVID-19 visits that result in an order for a diagnostic test, whether at a provider’s office, urgent care center, emergency room, or via virtual care, through the Public Health Emergency period, currently scheduled to end on April 21, 2021.
- COVID-19 testing: Cigna is waiving out-of-pocket costs for COVID-19 FDA-approved diagnostic testing through April 21, 2021. To find a testing location, contact your doctor or search online for a COVID-19 testing site near you. At-home specimen collection kits that are FDA-approved (such as the Pixel by LabCorpTM testing kit) will be covered by Cigna (at no cost to you) when medically necessary based on either your doctor’s recommendation or outcomes from the Buoy for Cigna Symptom Checker. Order the Pixel by LabCorp test kit
- COVID-19 treatment: Cigna is waiving out-of-pocket costs for all covered COVID-19 treatment, through February 15, 2021.
- COVID-19 Vaccines: All FDA-authorized COVID-19 vaccines will be covered at no cost for Cigna customers. For frequently asked questions related to the COVID-19 vaccine, visit our Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resource Center.
- Getting your medications: Home delivery is a convenient option when you’re taking medication on a regular basis. To get your medications delivered to you, call your doctor’s office and ask them for a 90-day (or 3-month) prescription with refills, sent electronically to our home delivery pharmacy. If you don’t have Cigna Pharmacy benefits, your retail pharmacy may offer home delivery. If you need assistance, call us at 1 (800) 835 3784 and we can help.
It’s important to understand diagnostic tests are covered for individuals with symptoms of a COVID-19 infection or who had exposure to someone with a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 infection, as well as for individuals before an elective hospital admission or procedure. Non-diagnostic and antibody tests are not covered by Cigna’s standard coverage, but may be covered as required by state law. For more on testing, please download the Cigna testing brochure on the Cigna.com/PathBack Returning to the Worksite web page.
Please e-mail Barbara Burke at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Free Coronavirus e-Visits from Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula (CHOMP)
To receive updates regarding COVID-19 in Monterey County, text MCCOVID19 to 888777
Monterey County Office of Education for information about public schools
Monterey Bay Aquarium Web Cams for inspiration
State of California Franchise Tax Board for information about changes in tax filing deadline
The State of California offers protection from illegal price gouging on housing, gas, food, and other essential supplies due to this public health emergency. Click here to file a complaint.