| by Steve Snyder

Language Schools

Dear Language Schools Faculty,

You are very much on our minds, and we hope you and your families are safe and weathering this difficult period as comfortably as possible. We want to share an update on the upcoming summer and let you know that you should feel free to be in touch with your School or with the Sunderland office with any question you may have. As you know from your own lives, the pandemic and our responses are dynamic and rapidly evolving, and we will make every effort to keep you informed in a timely manner.

As of today, we are not planning to cancel the Language Schools, but we are in the process of gathering information that would affect any final decision and hope to have a definitive statement soon. We will communicate with you through your director as soon as we have additional details.

A few updates:

  • If you have not already made travel plans, we ask that you do not make them at this point. We will provide updates through your directors as to when you should finalize your plans.
  • For international faculty, we have been communicating regularly with the International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) office to determine the VISA timelines for different countries. We will check in with them again on March 31.
  • If you have already made the decision that you cannot attend the Language Schools this summer, please let your director know as soon as possible. · The Language Schools will continue to provide updates on our Announcements and Frequently Asked Questions webpages.

We will be back in touch with more information soon, and we thank you for your patience and, as always, for your dedication to the Language Schools. Please take care of yourselves and know that you are in our thoughts in Middlebury.



Steve Snyder
Dean of Language Schools