Thank you for your continued dedication and support during these challenging times. I want to share a few updates with you from the past 24 hours.
First, HR continues to work on policies and procedures for Vermont staff. We will share that information as soon as it is ready.
Second, I want to clarify the definition of “visitors.” Beginning Monday, March 16, our campus is closed to outside visitors unless they are providing essential business services. This includes contractors, such as those renovating Munroe, and vendors (such as those who make deliveries).
All visitors should avoid coming to campus if they had:
- A recent illness including fever, lower respiratory infections, shortness of breath, cough, or difficulty breathing.
- Traveled to CDC-designated affected countries or regions (such as China, Iran, South Korea, Italy, and Japan) within the defined 14-day incubation period.
- Contact with anyone who has traveled to affected countries on the CDC list.
- Exposure to anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Visited health care facilities that have treated patients with the novel coronavirus within the defined 14-day incubation period.
Third, many have asked how will it be determined if they have an underlying condition that might be of concern at this time. Please be in contact with your personal physician to understand if you have any issues or concerns.
Fourth, we have a number of changes to hours of operation for our facilities. Building closures and access restrictions can be found at our COVID-19 website. Signage reflecting these restrictions is being created and will be installed at appropriate locations.
We also thought you might appreciate reading messages that have gone out to other constituencies in our community. You can find them here.
Finally, I want to thank you for working so hard to support our students, faculty, and other staff at this difficult time, and for bringing your concerns to our attention.
Karen L. Miller
Vice President for Human Resources and Chief Risk Officer