As we close out the academic year, we’re writing to share the plan for returning your belongings that we’ve been storing on campus since the spring break.
Students Returning in Fall
If you’re returning to campus for the fall semester, your belongings will be moved directly into your assigned fall semester room and will be there when you arrive. Please note: Because of continued safety precautions at Middlebury, you’re not eligible to return to campus at this time.
Seniors and Other Students Not Returning in Fall
For all graduating seniors, fall study abroad students, and students not returning in fall, please complete this form by next Wednesday, May 27, 2020—even if you no longer have belongings on campus. This will give us a complete record of inventory and enable us to account for all belongings. We’re sorry to say, but if you don’t complete the form, we’ll need to donate your belongings, including those left in common spaces.
If you live within 500 miles of campus, please plan to come back to campus to retrieve your belongings via the following process:
- Complete the form above, using your Middlebury email. Reservation times will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. You must complete the form to reserve a time.
- Reservation times are June 3–17, with a 90-minute slot allocated to each student.
- Two facilities services employees (per student) will aid you in the move-out process.
- After signing up you’ll receive a confirmation email with next steps.
- If you’re unable to pick up your belongings, you may designate a proxy to do so (on the reservation form).
- When returning to campus to retrieve your belongings, you’ll be required to abide by a health pledge as outlined in the confirmation email.
- Any individuals exhibiting COVID-19 related symptoms must not return to campus. Please refer to your confirmation email for additional information.
For those of you who live more than 500 miles away, and are unable to return to campus, we’ll ship boxed items to your home. However, we’re not able to ship furniture and other large items. If you’re unable to return to pick up furniture or other large items, we’ll need to donate them. We’ll make every effort to ship to you as quickly as possible, and we appreciate your patience. (Because of state public heath restrictions, staffing levels on campus remain low.)
We thank you, sincerely, for your continued understanding as we work through this difficult time.
VP for Student Affairs and Dean of Students