Requisitions to post may only be submitted for existing positions.
Typically, an existing position has been used before. If a new position needs to be created, you will need to complete the New Student Job Request Form. You will be notified by SEO once the position has been created so that you can complete the following steps.
Note: The name and email address of the hiring manager will be added by SEO to each posting so that students can contact them with questions or to find out the status of their submitted application.
- Log in to PeopleAdmin.
- Select Student Supervisor from the user group dropdown. (This is the drop-down field below your name.) A notification message will display at the top of your screen to verify this update.
- Navigate to the Applicant Tracking System module by clicking on the three ellipses in the upper left hand of your screen and above the Middlebury logo.
- From the Home tab, select Postings and click Student.
- Select the orange button to Create New Posting. Click create from classification in the pop up message box. This will allow you to view and edit the job description on record.
- Search and select the student job that you wish to post. (Using the job # is usually the most effective search option.)
- Select Create Posting from this Classification in the upper right-hand corner of your screen.
- Please note that on the Job Information page some fields are required, and some fields will not be enterable. Requisitions to post are intended to post a position as it currently exists or with minor changes to the job description (that do not warrant a change in wage level). Please be sure to specify if the position is for the academic year or summer as it will impact processing.
- You may request a private posting link in the “posting comments” section. Click Next.
- On the Supplemental Questions page, you can add questions that you would like the applicant to complete when they apply for the position. New questions will be reviewed by Human Resources before being approved. You can designate whether applicants are required to answer the question or not. Click Next.
- On the Applicant Document page, you can designate the documents that you want to allow and/or require applicants to upload when they apply for the position. Any documents that you do not check as optional or required will not be an option to the applicant. Click Next.
- On the Search Committee Members page, you can add search committee members (who have Middlebury accounts) by selecting the Add Existing User button and searching for the account that you would like to add to the posting. Repeat this step for each search committee member that you wish to add. If you cannot find an account for a search committee member, click Create New User Account. Enter the required information in the New Search Committee Member dialogue box and then click Add Member to Search Committee. Click Next.
- Hover over the orange Take Action on Posting button on the upper-right hand section of your screen and select Approved (move to Student Employment), once you are ready to submit your requisition. Choose Keep working on this Posting to save your work as a draft.
- A Take Action dialog box will appear. We recommend that users select the “Add this action to your watch list?” option which will allow you to track the progress of this posting through your Watch List dialog box on the Home tab.
- Click Submit.
- The submitted requisition must be reviewed by SEO before the posting will go live. SEO checks the system multiple times a week for requisitions in their queue, but supervisors are welcome to send SEO an email to notify our office that a posting is pending.
- If you have forgotten to complete any required fields, you will be notified with a message at the top of the screen.