Outside callers may reach a college extension, directly, by dialing the area code, exchange, and the 4-digit extension.
Dialing 9 from your office phone will get you an outside line.
Public and shared area phones are limited to on-campus and local calling only.
- On-Campus Calls
- Dial 4-digit extension
- Intercampus Calls
- #1 + extension to reach Middlebury; #2 + extension to reach Monterey; #3 + extension to reach Washington, D.C. office
- Local Off-campus Calls (see Middlebury area local exchanges)
- Dial 9 + 7-digit local number (Middlebury and Monterey campus); Dial 9 + 10-digit local number (Washington, D.C.)
- Toll-free Calls
- Dial 9 + toll-free number
- Toll Calls
- 9 + area code + number
- International Country Codes and Exit Codes
- 9 + 011 + country code + city code + number
Country codes are used when dialing an international phone number. Exit codes (also known as international access codes or IDD International Direct Dialing codes) are used for dialing out of a particular country.
- 911 (all locations)
5911 (Middlebury on-campus responders)
5133 (other Middlebury Public Safety calls)