On all campuses, Middlebury College uses a Cisco Voice Over IP Unified Communications system. Unified Communications comprises an array of telephony and collaboration services, such as voice mail to email, instant messaging, presence information, video calls, as well as PC/Macintosh and smartphone integration.
Ways to Use the Phone System?
Jabber Softphone Client
- Place voice and video calls from your computer (wired or wireless, on or off campus)
- Integrates with Outlook
- Indicate presence status
- Communicate with instant messaging
- Share your desktop one-to-one
- Headsets provided for users who do not need a desk phone
- Jabber Smartphone App
- Install the Cisco Jabber application on your Android, iPhone, and/or iPad and communicate using your mobile device.
- Use Wireless Network
- Receive calls on smartphone to office extension over our wireless network.
- Phone Line Mobility
- Schedule your extension to ring in multiple locations sequentially or all at once.
Jabber Software Download
- Mobile Clients
- Can download and install the Cisco Jabber application through the Apple or Google Play application stores.
- Monterey campus Clients
- Can download and install the E911 and Cisco Jabber application from their S: drive, in \Software\Public\Jabber.
- Middlebury campus Windows Clients
- Can request the install via KACE (http://go/selfservice).
- Middlebury campus Mac Clients
- Can request the install via Casper (http://go/selfservice).
Unity Voice Mail
See our Unity Voice Mail documentation to learn how to receive voice mail messages through Outlook.
ITS Project Team
Peggy Fischel, Mike Conlogue, Billy Sneed, Ginnie Bukowski, Mack Pauly
If you have questions, concerns, or comments, please email us.