Middlebury College Student Health Pledge
As members of the Middlebury College community, we all must be vigilant and persistent in protecting our own health and that of others, on campus and in the greater community.
I affirm that I have reviewed, am familiar with, and will comply with the Spring 2021 Campus Guide, the COVID-19 Health and Safety Policy, the campus status requirements as reflected on the campus status web page, and the College’s other health and safety directives.
I understand that violations of the public health and safety components in this pledge; College policies, including the COVID-19 Health and Safety Policy; the campus status web page; and directives from College officials may result in my immediate removal from campus for the duration of the COVID-19 crisis, in addition to any sanctions outlined in the College’s conduct policies and processes.
I pledge to take responsibility for my own health and the protection of others’, and to keep the Middlebury community safe from the spread of COVID-19 and other infections as instructed by the College, by committing to health measures including the following:
- Monitor myself daily for COVID-19 symptoms.
- Wash and/or sanitize my hands frequently and thoroughly.
- Maintain physical distancing.
- Get vaccinated against influenza, unless I have a documented medical or religious exemption.
- Get vaccinated against COVID-19 once it becomes available and when directed by the College, unless I have a documented medical or religious exemption.
- Complete all required safety training.
- Wear face coverings.
- If I am sick, stay home or in my room, observe isolation and quarantine procedures, and report my symptoms as directed.
- Be kind, polite, and attentive to anyone who needs help or a reminder about community standards.
- Keep my clothing, belongings, personal space, and common spaces clean.
- Participate in testing, contact tracing, and contact journaling.
- Abide by safety requirements regarding close contacts, campus visitors, off-campus travel, social gatherings, and events.
- Carefully observe posted signs and occupancy restrictions, and follow directions for using campus spaces and resources.
- Participate swiftly and responsibly in all evacuation and lockdown procedures.