HCM to Go Live June 15
Dear Staff, Faculty, and Students,
It seems like a lifetime ago we told you about plans to go live with our new human resources software, Oracle HCM. And so much has happened—so much has changed—since we announced that we had postponed our first go-live date. What hasn’t changed is our urgent need for this software upgrade, both to modernize our business processes and to save the College money through our work with the Green Mountain Higher Education Consortium (GMHEC).
Today, I want to update you on where we stand with HCM and give you a revised schedule with some important dates. As with everything these days, there will be challenges we hadn’t anticipated, but we are committed to a successful launch and believe that with your help we’ll achieve it.
Here are the revised dates leading up to go-live:
- May 25 to June 16 / Banner Freeze: This applies to all employees and all employment actions, including student hires. The freeze will be similar to what we announced in February. More details to come.
- June 15 / HCM Goes Live: We’ll send more specific information about when you can start using HCM in a future message. Remember that during the first pay period using HCM, we will complete dual entry of timesheets in both HCM and Banner.
Since we can’t gather for in-person training, we’re creating a self-guided training program that you’ll be able to complete at your own pace, fully online. We expect the training program to be ready around the time of our June 15 go-live date. It will feature a series of videos, information sheets, and a newly created website to guide you through HCM. (Like our students, we’ll all be learning remotely.) Human Resources will help support individuals throughout the training process, and our ITS Helpdesk will provide technical support when the system goes live.
What Training Should You Complete?
Depending on your role at Middlebury, you’ll need to complete some specific training modules. Please plan on completing the training(s) most pertinent to you by the deadline of the first timesheet submission after we go live. Zoom support sessions will be available during the initial weeks we are live in HCM beginning June 15.
- Employee Self-Service—All employees
- Absence Management—All benefit-eligible staff
- Time Entry—Non-exempt employees
- Manager Self-Service (including time and absence approval)—All supervisors including faculty supervisors
We’ll send you a link to the training website in a future communication.
Thanks in advance for giving your attention to this process—especially with all the other things you have to think about these days. We continue to believe this system will be better to use and better for Middlebury, once we are up and running. As we move closer to our go-live date, you’ll receive additional information to guide you through this transition, so please keep an eye on your email!
EVP for Finance and Administration
VP for Human Resources and Chief Risk Officer