Visa Categories and Work Authorization

Non-U.S. citizens / non-U.S. legal permanent residents who come to Middlebury College or the Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey (MIIS) to study, work, present a paper, or perform, must have a nonimmigrant status which allows them to do so. Below is a list of some typical visa classifications for students, fellows, employees, and independent contractors.

Who Can Help