Online Application 2015
Please read all application instructions before beginning the online application.
Bread Loaf will review applications for summer 2015 on a rolling basis through May 21.
(1) Download application instructions (for all applicants: Continuing Education, MA, and MLitt)
(2) Required Additional Application Materials (to be mailed):
- two letters of reference (download reference form)
- Statement of Purpose (no form)
- Writing Sample (no form)
- College Transcripts (no form;please note that foreign transcripts submitted by applicants to Bread Loaf's MA or MLitt programs must be accompanied by a degree-verification international credential evaluation report, performed by a certified educational credential evaluation service)
- $65 Application Fee (non-refundable, although fee is waived for Middlebury undergraduates and alumni; see instructions, above)
- Recent Photograph (optional)
Proposed Field of Study, for MLitt applicants only (no form)
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are sending your supporting materials by mail, do not write "Admissions" in the address; the Middlebury mailroom will likely send your application to the undergraduate Admissions office and delay the delivery of your materials.
(3) To begin the online application, please click below:
(4) Want to know if your application or supporting materials have arrived? Just go back to the "Apply Now" button and enter your login ID and PIN and you'll be able to see what we've received so far. If you have trouble accessing your file or any questions about your application, contact Melissa Nicklaw.
Dana Olsen, Director of Admissions
Bread Loaf School of English
Middlebury VT 05753