The designated agent to respond to reports alleging copyright infringements on Middlebury College websites, in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, is Terry Simpkins, director, discovery and access services for Middlebury library.
Send any such allegations to email@example.com.
The Digital Millenium Copyright Act specifies that all infringement claims must be in writing (either electronic mail or paper letter) and must include the following elements:
- A physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the infringed work;
- Identification of the infringed material;
- Contact information for the complainant, e.g., address, telephone number, electronic mail address;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner or the law; and
- A statement that the information contained in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
For more information on United States copyright laws, see the US Copyright Office.
Middlebury Contact Information
Director, Discovery and Access Services
Davis Family Library 135A
Middlebury VT 05753
General Copyright Information
Unless otherwise noted, all text, database files and records, graphics, photographs, audio, video, and other multimedia materials published on Middlebury’s websites are copyright © Middlebury College and may not be copied, reproduced, or distributed without permission of Middlebury College.
Here is more information about responsibly using material from Middlebury Special Collections.
Linking to Middlebury’s Websites
Permission is not needed to link to pages on Middlebury College’s websites.
When referring to the following contained on Middlebury College’s websites from another website, please link to the Middlebury College web page from which such individual files are linked, rather than directly to the file, image, or media file:
- Documents (including PDF, Powerpoint, Word, or other formats)
- Database files or records
- Audio, video, or other multimedia files
Explicit permission of Middlebury College must be obtained to copy or link directly to such files.