Students may access their unofficial Bread Loaf transcript via the Student Records and Registration link in BannerWeb (www.go.middlebury.edu/bw ).
Official transcripts for the Bread Loaf program are issued by Middlebury, at a charge of $5 per copy. Transcripts cannot be faxed; they will be sent within one to three business days. Middlebury is not obligated to furnish a transcript to any student whose financial obligations to the College have not been satisfied.
Transcripts may be ordered online, through the mail, or in person:
- Online requests can be placed at go.middlebury.edu/transcripts. Students have the option of hardcopy delivery or secured electronic delivery. There is an additional processing fee of $3 per address. UPS Overnight Delivery or UPS International Express delivery is available upon request for those using the online ordering system only; there is a $15 charge for expedited delivery in the U.S., and a $30 charge for expedited international delivery. Payment can be made by credit card only.
- For mailed or in-person requests, students must complete the Transcript Request Form, which can be downloaded from http://www.middlebury.edu/offices/academic/records/transcripts. The form can be submitted by mail or in person to:
5142 Middlebury College
Middlebury, VT 05753
Attention: Transcript Request
Letters of Recommendation
Requests for letters of recommendation should be made to the associate director, through Melissa Nicklaw. The letters will incorporate comments made by faculty on student evaluations and will be governed by confidentiality policies (see Student Records and Confidentiality). If the recommendation is needed for applications to other graduate programs, students and alumni are advised to request letters directly from faculty. Letter requests must include:
- Name and address of each person to whom the letter(s) should be sent (on a stamped and addressed envelope, if the letter is to go by mail). Bread Loaf will submit letters of recommendation online to credentials services (such as Interfolio) or other sites that can guarantee confidentiality. For reasons of confidentiality, letters will not be sent in any form directly to students.
- Purpose of the letter (teaching job, fellowship, e.g.).
- Due date. Letter requests must be received by the Bread Loaf office at least one month before the due date if deadlines are to be met.
- Required forms, as applicable.