To access Bread Loaf and Middlebury’s online and technology resources (including library resources, grades and transcripts, financial aid and billing information, course registration, re-enrollment, and BannerWeb), students will three different kinds of identification, defined below:
Middlebury ID + PIN
- All Bread Loaf students will receive an 8-digit Middlebury ID number with their enrollment letter (also available from campus coordinators). This will remain their Middlebury ID for all future official interactions with Middlebury and Bread Loaf. They will also receive a permanent ID card when they arrive on campus. Students should keep their ID cards for use in subsequent summers. A lost ID card can be replaced, for a fee, at: www.middlebury.edu/offices/health/publicsafety/forms/ID_Photos/breadloaf_cards.
- The ID is used with a PIN number for access to BannerWeb, Middlebury's online interface. Students will use BannerWeb to register for courses and view their grades and transcripts.
- To activate these credentials, new students must go to: http://go.middlebury.edu/activate, and enter the 8-digit Middlebury ID and PIN. The initial PIN number is the student’s birth date in the format MMDDYY, but students will need to change the PIN upon entering BannerWeb for the first time.
- Anyone having trouble activating an account should contact the Middlebury Help Desk (firstname.lastname@example.org; or 802.443.2200).
Middlebury username + password
- To find the username and set a password, students should go to https://bat.middlebury.edu/activate/, and enter the Middlebury ID number and new PIN. The screen will give their username (most often it is the first letter of the first name and the first seven letters of the last name) and instructions for creating a password to use with it.
- Students need a username and password to access the Course Hub and some protected library services.
- Students need the username and password to access their MiddleburyCollegee-mail account, set up automatically for all Bread Loaf students. Bread Loaf does not currently use the Middlebury e-mail addresses, but there might be instances in which Middlebury will send important information (e.g., campus-wide emergency notifications) to that address. We advise students to forward Middlebury e-mail to the address they most frequently use: go to: https://mail.middlebury.edu/forward/
BreadNet username + password
- BreadNet is Bread Loaf's communications network, providing course management tools and e-mail service. All students automatically receive accounts at the start of their initial summer session; those who wish to have a new account created before this time should contact their campus coordinator.
- To create a BreadNet password, log on with the username (usually the last name followed by the first initial) and the generic password "bread," and pull down the menu under "Collaborate" and select "Change Password."
BreadNet addresses will follow the form: email@example.com