Due to time constraints, the Museum is unable to consider, either for purchase or for exhibition, unsolicited works by contemporary artists or other unsolicited exhibit proposals. Unsolicited materials will not be returned.
Terms and Conditions
Access to and use of the Middlebury College Museum of Art’s website is subject to the following terms and conditions and all applicable laws. By accessing this website you fully acknowledge and accept these terms and conditions:
1. All content on the Middlebury College Museum of Art’s website is protected by copyright and may be covered by other restrictions as well. The Middlebury College Museum of Art retains all rights, including copyright, to data, images, software, documentation, text, and other information contained in these files (collectively, the “Materials”). Copyright and other proprietary rights may be held by individuals or entities other than, or in addition to, the Middlebury College Museum of Art.
2. The Materials on this site are made available for limited non-commercial, educational, and personal use only, in accordance with the fair use provisions of the copyright laws. Users may download these files for their personal or educational use, subject to any additional terms or restrictions, which may be applicable to the individual file or program. Users must cite the author and source of the Materials as they would material from any printed work, and the citations should include the URL http://www.middlebury.edu/museum in addition to all copyright and any proprietary notices contained on the Materials. Any use of the Materials that does not qualify as fair use requires prior written approval from the Middlebury College Museum of Art, and the user must request and receive such approval prior to any use. Copying or redistribution in any manner for commercial use including commercial publication or for personal gain is strictly prohibited without the express prior written permission of the Middlebury College Museum of Art or the relevant third-party rights holder as the case may be.
3. The Middlebury College Museum of Art does not warrant that the use of the Materials displayed on the site will not infringe the rights of third parties. For example, the rights to certain works of art, as well as photographs of those works, may be held by the artist or the artist’s heirs and not the Museum. The responsibility for determining whether the Middlebury College Museum of Art or some other party holds the relevant rights in a work of art or in any of the Materials remains solely with the user. The Museum will have no responsibility for making any such determination, or in securing rights from a third party, for any user.
4. Many of the trademarks, service marks, and logos (collectively, the “Trademarks”) displayed on this site, including “Middlebury College Museum of Art,” are registered and/or unregistered marks of the Museum. The Trademarks of third parties may also be displayed on this site. Nothing contained in this site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademarks displayed on the site without the express written permission of the Middlebury College Museum of Art or any third party that may own the Trademarks displayed on the site. Any unauthorized use of the Trademarks or any other Materials, except as authorized in these Terms and Conditions, is strictly prohibited.
5. Without limiting the foregoing, all Materials on the site are provided “as is” without a warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties for merchantability, fitness for a particular use, and/or non-infringement. The Middlebury College Museum of Art assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your use of the site or your downloading of any Materials from the site.
6. The Museum has not reviewed all of the sites linked to the site and is not responsible for the content of any off-site pages or other sites linked to the site. Your linking to any off-site pages or other sites is at your own risk.
7. The Middlebury College Museum of Art may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions by updating this posting. You are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the then-current Terms and Conditions.