Professor Tamar Mayer is Middlebury College's nominating official for the 2018-2019 James C. Gaither Junior Fellows Program. Please click here to learn more about the Program and how to apply.
Middlebury College designated nominating official:
Tamar Mayer, PhD
Robert R. Churchill Professor of Geosciences
Director, Rohatyn Center for Global Affairs
Director, International and Global Studies Program
113 Robert A. Jones '59 House
Applications must be sent electronically (by e-mail) to Professor Tamar Mayer by Monday, January 1, 2018, at 10:00 a.m., and must include:
1. James C. Gaither Junior Fellows Program Application
2. One to two page resume
3. Essay on one of eleven topics, maximum of three typewritten double-spaced pages
4. One page (or less) double-spaced essay on why you would like to become a junior fellow
5. Student transcript (may be unofficial)
6. Two letters of reference (these should be sent directly to Professor Mayer)
The James C. Gaither Junior Fellows Program does not accept applications directly from students.
The deadline for receipt by Carnegie is January 15, 2018.
Middlebury may nominate up to two students for the national competition.