Grant-seeking Resources at Middlebury College
The Sponsored Research Office (SRO) supports proposals to fund individual research and curricular projects. We offer:
Finding funding: We offer help identifying and targeting potential sources of support.
Grant budget and proposal preparation: This website offers lots of information about budgets, proposals, and College policies and procedures related to grants. We offer help developing your budget and proposal. The SRO also holds grant-writing workshops throughout the year.
Proposal submission: We facilitate the Grant Proposal Endorsement ("blue sheet") process, review proposals to be sure they meet College and sponsor requirements, and work with faculty and the Director of Grants & Contract Administration to submit proposals.
Publicity: The SRO works with faculty to ensure that grants are announced in MiddPoints and posted on this site. If you want a printed annual report of faculty grants, please call the SRO.
Post-award assistance: We work with faculty and the office of Grants & Contracts Administration to help manage awards, ensure compliance with College and federal regulations, and oversee reporting for faculty grants administered by Middlebury.
The Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations (CFR) offers information and assistance with institutional grants, from proposal writing through final reporting.
Resources in Academic Administration
- Jim Ralph, Dean for Faculty Development & Research: x5320 (Davis Family Library, CTLR, Room 225C)
- Bob Cluss, Dean of Curriculum & Director of the Sciences: x5909/ x5025 (Old Chapel/ McCardell Bicentennial Hall)
- Andi Lloyd, Dean of the Faculty (for leave program issues): x5908 (Old Chapel)
- Lynn Dunton, Budget Coordinator for Academic Affairs: x3085 (Old Chapel)
Grants Administration personnel offer assistance with post-award matters
- Steve Marino, Director of Grants & Contracts Administration (email@example.com, 831-647-6408)
- Cory Buxton, Disbursement & Fixed Asset Manager: x5816 (handles vouchers, reimbursements, and grant-related contracts)