The Middlebury Professional Network (MPN) connects alumni who share the common bond of their Middlebury experience and their professional interests. The MPN provides an active career support network to its members and also engages them in efforts to support career development and employment for current Middlebury students.
Current networks (with more to come)
Strategy, management (finance, operations, human capital), information technology, economics, litigation support, executive recruiting, etc.
- Energy and Environment
Development and distribution, policy, think tanks, conservation/sustainability/environmental NGOs, science and research, health and toxicology, consulting, energy and environmental technology, etc.
- Financial Services
Investment banking, corporate finance, sales & trading, investment/asset management, real estate, brokerage, commercial banking, private equity, venture capital, private banking, etc.
- Government & Policy
Federal, state and local government offices/agencies, Capitol Hill, think tanks, lobbying and political consulting firm, government affairs, etc.
- International Affairs
International relations/diplomacy, development goverment organizations and NGOs, intergovernmental organizations, think tanks, consulting, etc.
- Media and Entertainment
Entertainment business, film and video, television and radio, newspaper/magazines, digital media, book publishing, screenwriting, etc.
Software companies, eCommerce-based businesses, web-based platforms & services, cloud-based services, social media platforms, technology infrastructure/hardware, etc.
What's in it for you
There are many reasons to get involved, including helping students find their way and building your own personal and professional networks, but mostly, just being yourself. Help make a difference in another alum’s or a current student’s life.
How to get involved
- Host or participate in events (professional development, networking, social gathering)
- Participate in student career awareness and preparedness programs
- Post internship and/or full-time opportunities within your organization on MOJO
- Form a Middlebury Interest Group (MIG) inside your organization
- Be a MiddNet Volunteer
Ways to be involved
- As an individual member participant
- As a member of an Industry Advisory Committee (IAC): Six to ten professionals who provide general guidance and event ideas for network members, as well as guidance for student career development programming relevant to a particular industry.
- As a member of a Middlebury Interest Group (MIG): A group within a particular professional network who promote the Middlebury brand within their organization and provide advice to Middlebury students on how to best connect with and prepare for employment within that organization.
The MIG Advantage
These groups help make alumni within an organization more visible to one another, increase the Middlebury brand recognition in the organization, and help alumni grow their influence within the organization. Additionally, the MIG members help current students by sourcing employment opportunities within the organization, becoming involved in the recruiting process, and actively advocating for candidates in the hiring process.
We look forward to working with you and helping you get inviolved at any level! Join the Middlebury Professional Network by registering above.
What current MPN members are saying
The MPN helps me stay connected to the larger Middlebury community, explore new career opportunities, and engage with current students to support a successful transition into the workforce.
—Dan Tenner, ’13
Being a part of the MIG in my firm helped me connect with fellow Middlebury colleagues—and also give back by supporting current students through the recruiting process. It’s been a lot of fun!
—Liza Reynolds ’08.5
I am grateful for the opportunities I had as a student to connect with alumni, so I’m thrilled to have an easy way to pay it forward now that I’m in the working world.
—Jamie Herther ’10