Middlebury’s Information Technology Services office sent the following progress report about the new phone system in a campus email on October 18, 2017.
Work on the new telephone system project is well underway, and the project team is working hard getting ready for the transition. We are excited about the new features and interested to see how you will use them. Recent progress includes:
- The Cisco trainer and members of the project team are conducting telephone line audits to analyze call handling and routing requirements.
- We have begun planning the design of the routing and switching requirements.
- To help provide training and support, we have identified a liaison for each department. The liaisons will be a resource for their department colleagues when the system goes live. You can find the name of your department liaison .
- The department liaisons will attend classroom training on phone and software features. These include:
- Call transfer
- Conference calling
- Shared line call handling
- Redial, speed dial, missed calls
- Voice and video calling
- We will make online tutorials specific to Middlebury’s system available to all users.
- Every user will receive a reference card with easy instructions.
Starting soon, we will begin sending a weekly update that highlights a specific feature of the new system. So stay tuned for more information as we move closer to the big “Go Live” date for your department.
Thank you and, as always, don’t hesitate to send us questions and concerns.
ITS Director – User Services