Middlebury College Institutional Loan
The Institutional Loan is reserved for students who do not qualify for need-based federal financial aid or are ineligible due to citizenship status or academic progress.
This loan has a fixed 5 percent interest rate. The interest on the loan is subsidized while you are in school. Interest will not begin to accrue until you enter repayment nine months after you graduate or cease to be enrolled at least half time. The term of the loan is ten years or 120 equal monthly payments.
If you have been awarded a Middlebury College loan, the procedures for receiving this loan money are different from those you followed to receive federal loans.
How It Works
In order to receive your loan, you are required to complete loan documents, including a Master Promissory Note (MPN) and Entrance Interview, with ECSI, our institutional loan servicer. Please print the Truth in Lending (TILA) Disclosure Statements and MPN for your records. This process must be completed annually, when accepting a Middlebury College Institutional Loan. The TILA statements contain the loan terms and interest rates.
- To initiate this process, accept the award in BannerWeb.
- ECSI will contact you, via email within 14 days, with information on completing the required documents. Please be sure to check your @middlebury.edu email address for this communication.
- ECSI will notify Student Financial Services when the MPN has been completed.
View and Sign Documents
To view your loan documents and sign your Master Promissory Note with ECSI, please do the following:
- Log on to the ECSI website.
- Provide your Social Security Number or Student ID Number (add a leading zero, for a total of 9 digits), your last name, and your date of birth.
- Enter your ECSI PIN: ~pin~ when requested for authentication.
If you have any questions, please contact ECSI at 888-549-3274 or email@example.com.
Please allow several days after accepting your award on BannerWeb before contacting ECSI to ensure that ECSI has your information on file.
If you are unable to locate the initial email from ECSI, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and request the email be resent.
Office of Student Financial Services
84 South Service Road
Middlebury, VT 05753