The museum hires part-time student receptionists to greet the public during open hours, answer visitor questions, and operate the Museum’s bookstore. Three and four-hour slots are available during the academic year as well as a full-time position during the summer.
Background Check Required
Due to the College’s strict insurance policies, all offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a comprehensive background check conducted by an independent agency (HireRight). Please contact the Student Employment Office for more information on what this background check entails.
Shifts of 2.75 or 3.75 hours (8:45 a.m.–12:30 p.m. and 1:15–4 p.m.) Tuesdays through Fridays and 5.25 hours on Sundays (11:45–5 p.m.). Hours may be expanded as the year unfolds.
- Welcome and inform visitors about the permanent collection, exhibitions, and accessibility offerings;
- Sell catalogs, posters, and cards;
- Keep accounts of sales and records of visitors;
- Answer the telephone and take accurate messages;
- Do occasional office work as requested by staff;
- Read the Receptionist Notebook regularly in order to be knowledgeable about the Museum and current exhibitions
- Hang posters on and off campus as needed
- Be able to interact with the public in a friendly way;
- Attend several training sessions per semester;
- Be able to give a basic introductory tour of the Museum (will train);
- Have good telephone skills;
- Experience in a museum setting a plus, especially participation in the Museum Ambassadors Program (the museum’s student guide program).
Museum staff will train receptionists. For more information, contact Mikki Lane at (802) 443-2309 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply through Workable beginning August 30. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until all slots are filled with qualified candidates.